College and Career
COLLEGE RESEARCH/APPLICATION TOOLS & INFO
- ONLINE RESOURCES FOR COLLEGE RESEARCH - A variety of websites to help you learn more about colleges and universities nationwide.
- NAVIANCE - An online college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals. All BHS students use this research and planning tool.
- COLLEGE READINESS BENCHMARKS - Standardized test scores that help determine if you are ready to take on college-level work.
- HOW TO ASK TEACHERS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS - Tips and a form to fill out so teachers can write a great one for you!
- TEST-OPTIONAL/FLEXIBILE COLLEGES - Top-tier schools that de-emphasize the SAT/ACT in their admissions process.
- SCHEDULE OF COLLEGE AND CAREER EVENTS HAPPENING AT BHS AND IN THE VALLEY, including college essay help nights, financial aid sessions, and much more.
- STUDENT ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES in the valley and beyond. Colleges like to see applicants exploring passions outside of the classroom.
BHS Grads - Where To? - A list of where the Classes of 2017 and 2016 were accepted and where they matriculated.
Class of 2017 College Acceptances - A list that is updated as good news rolls in, arranged by student.
BHS College and Career Counselor Liz Penzel recommends the following articles and websites:
GETTING INTO COLLEGE
- Khan Academy college admissions information and advice
- Choose wisely in making course selections: when in doubt, err on the side of rigor
- One bad tweet can be costly for a student athlete when it comes to college admissions
- How to survive the college admissions madness
CHOOSING A COLLEGE AND MAJOR
- Tips for attending college fairs
- Discover 11 hot college majors that lead to jobs
- Does it matter what college your child chooses? Probably not.
SETTLING INTO COLLEGE
FINANCIAL AID FOR COLLEGE